Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Your Thighs are Oil Wells


The good news is, you already have all the energy you need to lead a vibrant, radiant life. If you are one of the 2/3 of American adults who is currently overweight or obese, you have WEEKS of stored energy (fat) on your body, just waiting to be released. In evolutionary terms, that juicy jiggly stuff is worth its weight in gold.

However, even gold piled high is nothing but clutter if it gets in your way. So unless you reasonably fear that starvation is in your imminent future, it may be time to start enjoying life and spend some of that physical capital!

Energy is the very first change we notice when we commit to making healthier choices. Within 24 hours, you can feel more awake, alive, radiant. Your simple to-do list for the day:

#1. Get enough fluid in you. Dehydration usually manifests as fatigue. If you feel lethargic, drink water first.

#2. Go take a ten-minute walk. The body needs to be trained to use energy--the more you use, the more you have.

So, um, drill, Baby. Drill.

2 comments:

Pamela Strieter said...

LOVE IT!! I had to chuckle at the "drill Baby", and the tag made me read right away.
Seriously tough, dehydration is one of my worst problems. I lose concentration, am 'dragy' and cant' figure out when I drank something last. Usually, it's 3-4 hours. UGH. I'm really working on this one, and trying to visualize an 'oil slick' floating out of my body as I do.
Thanks Keri!

radiantfitness said...

Straws! Straws, Straws! People who keep straws in their desks and in their drinks drink more. I don't know why--and I'm not sure the highly scientific double-blind straw study has been done yet--but anecdotally, straw users do better staying hydrated. Good to hear from you (will I see you at breakfast tomorrow?)