Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Contest Winner--and Sick Fitness (Fit Sickness?)

Thanks again, Lori, for a terrific guest post!

Our random comment contest winner is . . . aubregary! Please e-mail me directly at keri@radiantfitness.com with your snail-mail so that I may get your DVD out to you.

And onto the blog . . .

This week's topic is near and dear to my heart. And my sinuses. And my aching muscle. And my fever and chill-wracked body: What about working out when you are ill?

The rule of thumb is simple: If your problems are above the neck (cold, sinus troubles, depression, toothache) you can do your usual workout. If your problems are below the neck (fever, chills, joint injuries, random spontaneous amputations) you need to rest until you are healed and/or get the doctor's go-ahead.

And what about the neck itself? What if you throat hurts? It depends. If you have simple irritation from sinus drainage, keep on keeping on. If you have strep throat (oh, just shoot me now!), don't even think about it.

But then, why would you?

Take care of yourself. Next week: Another surprise guest blogger!

No comments: